Internet Property Management (IPM) is the model of successful Internet Marketing and is a proven MarTech methodology. Taking a comprehensive, collaborative approach to managing complex web properties, IPM goes beyond the traditional marketing concept, adjusting quickly to the ever-changing nature of the web. Much like a shark is said to die if it stops swimming, an Internet presence’s greatest adversary is stagnancy. By applying an iterative, agile approach to the life cycle of an Internet property, it is kept dynamic, relevant, and SEO-friendly through a proven, repeatable process. Working closely with clients for collaborative success, IPM’s main goal is to manage the entirety of this life cycle and nurture the value of a client’s web presence so they have the freedom to focus on what they do best – running their company.
The IPM life cycle is derived from a tested formula that accounts for the inevitable changes of the web – Discovery, Development, Marketing, Maintenance, and Measure, or:
With the customer at the center, an Internet property requires these fields working together for overall success. From analysis, research, and design of the Discover and Develop phases to the ongoing nature of Marketing and Measurement of its successes, the IPM formula maintains a constant revolution of these ideals, never failing to innovate or change courses if necessary. Research and development does not stop at the initial debut of a website nor would a marketing campaign run a successful course without constant checks on its efficacy.
IPM delves into the minute details of these fields with professional applications to achieve a client’s goals. They all work in unison to build branding, search engine optimization, and a greater overall return on investment. By applying the IPM methodology, a business client can rest assured that their Internet property has the technical engineering to keep it running, has a social media advocate to keep or propel it into the spotlight, and is constantly being updated to keep it relevant.
Supporting the whole of the IPM formula and life cycle are the core principles of the IPM methodology: Collaboration, Accountability, Building Value, Responsibility, Iterative Design, and Strategy. These key tenets set the tone and expectations of a healthy campaign and provide the backbone to the entire enterprise. With the employment of these principles, a client is given a criterion to his peace of mind.
The entire infrastructure of IPM is highly collaborative. Collaboration occurs on every level, both internally and externally:
- Internet Property Managers (IP Managers) work with business owners about their plans and goals for their business and their Internet Property to better guide them through the IPM process.
- IP Managers and technicians collaborate to ensure all systems are functioning together.
- Analysts collaborate with managers and innovators to measure and optimize growth and efficiency.
- Managers collaborate with production assistants to execute marketing efforts.
By utilizing a monthly pricing model, accountability is maintained through an entire contractual term. IPM, by the nature of its formula, is not a “one stop, shop” methodology. It is an iterative approach that expects and embraces change.
IPM believes it should pay for itself. It always seeks to build the value of a client’s property and gain a return on investment. This would result in:
- Higher SEO
- An increase of digital touch points
- Increased revenues
- “Peace of Mind”
IPM does not point fingers to absolve itself of responsibility or to place blame elsewhere. It only seeks to identify a solution to the problem and to get said solution implemented. Emphasizing the “Management” in Internet Property Management, IPM takes on the responsibility of managing your web presence while giving you the peace of mind to run your business without needless distractions.
IPM projects should be moved forward iteratively. Not only does deploying iterations of websites allow for adjustment and scalability, but search engines reward growth and punish static sites:
- In terms of managing multiple projects, projects should not be isolated and completed before moving to the next. All aspects of every project should be moved forward together.
- In order for each system to function efficiently, all systems must be looked at as a whole.
- All systems need to be monitored, informed, and adjusted in conjunction with one another.
The IPM playbook consists of marketing plays that can be executed to further the marketing agenda of a customer:
- The IPM methodology encourages the development of a unique and proprietary playbook.
- The playbook consists of plays that can be executed to further the marketing agenda of a customer (i.e. different Facebook campaign and approaches, how to execute them, and results expected). Each play has been field tested to provide a proven, repeatable process.
- IPM companies all play the same game, but the playbook defines what they do and how they operate.
Based in Rochester, New York, Netsville is an Internet Property Management company specializing in managing the Digital Marketing, Technical, and Business Solutions for our customers since 1994. For more information, please click here.